This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and of the choices you can make about the way your information is collected online and how that information is used. This statement is readily available on our home page and at the bottom of every VISIONTECH Web page.
1. Scope of this Privacy Statement
LINKS TO NON-VISIONTECH WEBSITES
We may also provide social media features that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with VISIONTECH on various social media sites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites.
2. Collection of Personal Information
VISIONTECH collects, exports, and uses personal information to better serve you and personalize your experience and interaction with VISIONTECH. Such collection is done with appropriate notice and consent, along with required filings with data protection authorities, where applicable. Such as:,
- • Product or Service Orders, Activations, and Registrations
- • Profile Creation
- • Information Requests
- • Marketing or Support Subscriptions
- • Contest Entries or Survey Participation
- • Instant Credit Applications
- • Job Applications
The types of personal information you provide to us may include:
- • Contact information, such as: your name, address, telephone number, and email address
- • Financial information, such as: your credit card number
- • Other unique information such as user IDs and passwords, billing and transaction information, product and service preferences, contact preferences, educational and employment background, and job interest data
If you apply for instant credit, we may ask you to provide additional personal information such as:
- • Salary
- • Social security number
- • Insurance number
- • Information
- • Any other information to authenticate you and verify credit worthiness
If you choose to use a "tell-a-friend" or a similar referral program on our site, we will ask you for your friend's:
- • Address
- • Mobile phone number
- • Other contact information
If you post, comment, indicate interest, or share personal information, including photographs, to any public forum on an VISIONTECH site, social network, blog, or other such forum, please be aware that any personal information you submit can be read, viewed, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes that neither you nor VISIONTECH have control over. VISIONTECH is not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
In addition to the information you provide, VISIONTECH may also collect information during your visit to an VISIONTECH website, or a website "powered by" another company on behalf of VISIONTECH, through our Automatic Data Collection Tools, which include:
- • Web beacons
- • Cookies
- • Embedded Web links
- • Internet Protocol (IP) address
- • Unique device identifier
- • Clickstream Behavior (i.e. the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with VISIONTECH websites or "powered by" websites)
- • Product information
VISIONTECH also collects information from commercially available sources that it deems credible. Such information may include:
- • Your name
- • Address
- • Email address
- • Preferences
- • Interests
- • Demographic/profile data
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
The information VISIONTECH collects to understand your needs and interests helps VISIONTECH deliver a consistent and personalized experience. For example, VISIONTECH may use your information to:
- • Assist you in completing a transaction or order
- • Prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activity
- • Communicate with you about products and services
- • Provide and improve service and support
- • Update you on new services and benefits
- • Provide personalized promotional offers
- • Select content to be communicated to you
- • Personalize some VISIONTECH websites
- • Measure performance of marketing initiatives, ads, and websites "powered by" another company on VISIONTECH's behalf
- • Allow you to participate in contests and surveys
- • Contact you regarding VISIONTECH products or services.
The testimonials posted on our Web site are only posted with the expressed permission of the individual or company who provided that testimonial.
Credit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention. Credit card information and other sensitive personal information required to process a credit decision is not used for any other purpose by our financial services providers or VISIONTECH and will not be kept longer than necessary for providing the services, unless you ask us to retain your credit card information for future purchases.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
VISIONTECH will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others except as described in this Statement. VISIONTECH shares personal information in the following ways:
VISIONTECH retains service providers and suppliers to deliver complete products, services and customer solutions and to assist VISIONTECH with marketing and communication initiatives. These providers and suppliers include, for example: credit card processors, providers of customer support and live-help, marketing, email service providers, automated data processors, and shipping agents. Suppliers and service providers are required by contract to keep confidential the information received on behalf of VISIONTECH and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for VISIONTECH.
VISIONTECH will require the export of your personal information to other VISIONTECH-owned business entities in the US and Worldwide in accordance with this Statement to satisfy your request. Such export is a requirement of providing the information to VISIONTECH.
Except as described in this Statement, VISIONTECH will not share the personal information you provide to VISIONTECH with non-VISIONTECH third parties without your permission, unless to:
i. Respond to duly authorized information requests of police and governmental authorities;
ii. Comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order;
iii. Investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity;
iv. Enforce/protect the rights and properties of VISIONTECH or its subsidiaries; or
v. Protect the rights or personal safety of VISIONTECH employees and third parties on or using VISIONTECH property.
Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, VISIONTECH decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. It is VISIONTECH's practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
5. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
VISIONTECH does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and does not target its websites to children under 13. We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online and mobile activities and interests.
6. YOUR CHOICES AND SELECTING YOUR PRIVACY PREFERENCES
VISIONTECH gives you the choice of receiving a variety of information that complements our products and services. You can subscribe to receive certain product- and service-specific information and also choose to receive VISIONTECH general communications. We give you a choice regarding delivery of VISIONTECH general communications by postal mail, email, telephone, and mobile device.
You can make or change your choices about receiving either subscription or general communications at the data collection point or by using other methods, which are listed in the following sections. This option does not apply to communications primarily for the purpose of administering order completion, contracts, support, product safety warnings, driver updates, or other administrative and transactional notices as the primary purpose of these communications is not promotional in nature.
The communications that you receive from VISIONTECH will be provided in accordance with this statement. Some communications may utilize automatic data collection tools.
Subscription communications include email newsletters, software updates, etc. that may be expressly requested by you or which you consented to receive. After you request such communications, you may opt out of receiving them by using one of the following methods:
- • Select the email "opt out" or "unsubscribe" link, or follow the opt-out instructions included in each email subscription communication.
- • To unsubscribe from messages delivered to mobile devices, reply to the message with the words "STOP" or "END."
- • Return to the Web page(s) where you originally registered your preferences and follow the opt-out instructions.
- • Write to VISIONTECH. Be sure to provide your name, relevant contact information, and specific relevant information about the VISIONTECH subscriptions that you no longer wish to receive.
Please be aware that when you opt out of receiving certain subscription communications, it may affect the services you have chosen to receive from VISIONTECH where accepting the communications is a condition of receiving the services.
VISIONTECH GENERAL COMMUNICATIONS
VISIONTECH general communications provide information about products, services, and/or support. This may include new product information, special offers, or invitations to participate in market research.
If you are unable to use VISIONTECH Passport, you may opt out of receiving these general communications by using one of the following methods:
- • Select the email "opt out" or "unsubscribe" link, or follow the opt-out instructions included in each email communication.
- • To unsubscribe from messages delivered to mobile devices, reply to the message with the words "STOP" or "END."
- • Write to the VISIONTECH. Be sure to provide your name, relevant contact information, and specific relevant information about your privacy preferences.
7. ACCESS TO AND ACCURACY OF YOUR INFORMATION
VISIONTECH strives to keep your personal information accurately recorded. We have implemented technology, management processes and policies to help maintain data accuracy. VISIONTECH provides individuals with reasonable access to personal information that they provided to VISIONTECH and the reasonable ability to review and correct it or ask for anonymization, blockage, or deletion, as applicable. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, before granting access to your data. To view and change the personal information that you directly provided to VISIONTECH you can return to the Web page where you originally submitted your data and follow the instructions on that Web page, use VISIONTECH where enabled, or contact VISIONTECH.
8. KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
VISIONTECH takes seriously the trust you place in us. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, VISIONTECH utilizes reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect. VISIONTECH retains data only as required or permitted by local law and while it has a legitimate business purpose.
When collecting or transferring sensitive information such as credit card information we use a variety of additional security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. The personal information you provide us is stored on computer systems located in controlled facilities which have limited access. When we transmit highly confidential information (such as credit card number or password) over the internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Credit card numbers are used only for processing payments and are not used for other purposes. As part of real-time payment processing, VISIONTECH subscribes to a fraud management service. This service gives you and VISIONTECH an extra level of security to guard against credit card fraud and to protect your financial data.
9. CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
If we modify our Privacy Statement, we will post the revised statement here, with an updated revision date. If we make significant changes to our statement, we may also notify you by other means, such as sending an email or posting a notice on our corporate website and/or social media pages.
10. CONTACTING US
We value your opinions. If you have comments or questions about our Privacy Statement, please send them to VISIONTECH or write to us at the following address:
Visiontech Consulting Inc.
VISIONTECH Privacy Mailbox
94 Garland Avenue, Suite 201
Dartmouth NS B3B 0A7
11. HOW VISIONTECH USES AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TOOLS
The following sections provide additional information about commonly-used web technology tools.
A "cookie" is a small data file transferred by a website to your computer's hard drive. VISIONTECH or its service providers send cookies when you surf our site or sites where our ads appear, make purchases, request or personalize information, or register yourself for certain services. Accepting the cookies used on our site, sites that are "powered by" another company on VISIONTECH's behalf, or sites where our ads appear may give us access to information about your browsing behavior, which we may use to personalize your experience. Cookies are typically classified as either "session" cookies or "persistent" cookies.
- • Session cookies do not stay on your computer after you close your browser.
- • If you turn off cookies, there may be some features of our site that will not be available to you and some Web pages may not display properly.
You can find information on popular browsers and how to adjust your cookie preferences at the following websites:
- • Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.htm
- • Mozilla Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/psm/help_21/using_priv_help.html
From time to time, VISIONTECH will use Flash local shared objects (LSOs) to store Flash content information and preferences. LSOs perform similar functions to HTML browser cookies and deposit small files on your computer, which are commonly called Flash cookies. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies and cookie management tools provided by your browser may not remove Flash cookies. To learn more about Flash Cookies and how to manage the related privacy and storage settings, please visit the Adobe Systems website.
Some VISIONTECH and third-party Web pages and HTML-formatted email use Web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about your website usage and your interaction with email, as well as to measure performance on Visiontech.com and websites "powered by" another company on VISIONTECH's behalf. A Web beacon is an electronic image, called a single-pixel (1x1) or clear GIF. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your computer such as:
- • Cookies
- • The time and date of a page viewed
- • A description of the page where the Web beacon is placed
You may be able to disable Web beacons in email messages by not downloading images contained in the message you receive (this feature varies depending on the email software used on your personal computer). However, doing this may not always disable a Web beacon or other automatic data collection tools in the email message due to specific email software capabilities. For more information about this, please refer to the information provided by your email software or service provider.
If you choose to receive marketing emails or newsletters from VISIONTECH as specified in your choices, VISIONTECH may automatically collect personal information about you. For example, through Web beacons and personalized URLs embedded in these emails or newsletters, VISIONTECH can track whether you've opened those messages and whether you've clicked on links contained within those messages. For more information on embedded Web links, see the section below.
EMBEDDED WEB LINKS
Emails from VISIONTECH, Internet keyboard keys preconfigured by VISIONTECH, and promotional icons preinstalled on your PC desktop often use links designed to lead you to a relevant area on the Web, after redirection through VISIONTECH's servers. The redirection system allows VISIONTECH to change the destination URL of these links, if necessary, and to determine the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives.
In emails, such web links may also allow VISIONTECH to determine whether you have clicked a link in an email, and this information about the interaction may be connected to your personal identity. If you do not want VISIONTECH to collect information about the links that you click, you can:
- • Change your choice about how you receive communications from VISIONTECH (i.e. choose a text-based version of the message where available) or choose not to click links in an email that VISIONTECH sends.
- • Delete the promotional icons preinstalled by VISIONTECH on your PC desktop or choose not to click on those.
- • Reconfigure the Internet keyboard keys on certain PC models to launch a destination URL of your choice by using the instructions provided with your PC.
VISIONTECH ADS AND OFFERINGS ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
VISIONTECH contracts with service providers to place ads on websites owned by third parties. In addition, some websites may be "powered by" a service provider to provide VISIONTECH offers on VISIONTECH's behalf. These service providers may send cookies from and use Web beacons on these third-party websites and on Visiontech.com. The cookies and Web beacons may enable VISIONTECH to collect information about the pages you viewed and the links you clicked.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WEBOS DEVICES
In addition to the collection and usage practices described in the VISIONTECH Onling Privacy Statement, this information applies to webOS and the software and services associated with webOS. VISIONTECH collects and uses webOS-specific information in the following ways:
- • Account Set-Up. If you set up an account to receive services we provide through your webOS device, we will collect your name, phone number, email address and account settings to process your registration and provide those services.
- • On-Device Services. If you use services we provide through your webOS device, we will collect information relevant to providing the services and as you designate. For example:
- Device Diagnostics, Analytics and Updates. In order to improve our product and service offerings, your webOS device includes remote diagnostics, analytics, and software update services. Your webOS device collects technical information related to your device (including serial number, unique device identifier, diagnostic information, usage and crash logs, application configurations, etc.) as required to help identify and troubleshoot issues, and to provide and improve service.
- • Back-up and Restore. When you use a back-up and restore service for data stored on your device, we will automatically and regularly collect information related to your contacts, calendar, tasks, email and messaging, including online account usernames; account credentials and settings; memos; text/MMS/IM messages and conversations; phone call logs; web bookmarks and cookies; installed App Catalog applications; and preferences, including Location Service preferences to help enable retrieval of that data when restoring or replacing your device. Additional details, including how to turn "off' the feature can be found at Using Backup.
- • Location-Based Services. When you use location-based services, we will collect, transmit, maintain, process, and use your location and usage data (including both real time geographic information and information that can be used to approximate location) in order to provide location-based and related services, and to enhance your device experience.
- • You may choose whether or not to provide your personal information to us. If you choose not to do so, you may not be able to take advantage of certain webOS products, services, offers, or options that depend on personal information.
By using webOS devices, VISIONTECH websites, registering for an account or service, or otherwise providing us with your personal information, you consent to this transfer of your personal information.